Saturday, March 14, 2015

Mippy Manor's Week in Review: Chaos Edition

Another week is on the books, and once again, there were more days that I posted than days that I didn't. Even more posts when you take in consideration the two that just flat went out later than initially planned. I've bounced back from the hour that was stolen a week ago, and the kids have, too, maybe.

I got some mail this week from the Dallas Zoo this week.I am now toying with the notion of a family membership. They way it breaks down price wise, it'd be a steal of a deal, and let's face it, we would get a lot of use out of it. All the gorgeous weekends last summer that we just sat at home, and this year, I have weekdays to fill up since they no longer attend daycare. And there's the Giants of the Jurassic thing they've got going on this year. Landry has dinosaurs on the brain. So, I will probably come up with a way to get that membership, and start buying month long bus passes.

We gave Sling TV a trial run on Monday. It is cool.The kids did get tired of it pretty quickly, though. They were both sitting in my computer chair, jockeying for space, so it was no fault of the programming. The Amazon Fire TV stick came on Thursday. I already knew it had to be hooked up in the living room (the only TV we have "new" enough to have HDMI hook-ups). So, I chose to move the rabbit ears and converter box to my room and my rinky-dink television, and the Blu-Ray player will stay in the kids' room. My must watch shows come on after dinner, so that way I will be upstairs so hopefully the kids will start staying in their room.

Fly Lady is still misfiring. As soon as my ink cartridge comes in next week, I'm going to print out my Control Journal and give it yet another go. I'll start tomorrow, regardless. I have somehow managed to go to bed with the downstairs actually pretty much presentable every night this week. Wednesday night was the worst I'd left it, but we were all in bed by 7:30-8:00, after all. I had it all cleaned up except for sweeping, mopping and vacuuming when Miss Diva came downstairs demanding blueberry oatmeal. I just want to get to a point where I don't feel as if I'm cleaning every waking hour of every day.

Starting Wednesday, I'm going to do a series "Life With/Life Without". Every week, I will post about something I live with or without. The stroke, my clotting disorder, being car-less just to name a few topics. It will serve to let the you, the reader learn some of the reasons that I do things like I do. There is a method to all my madness, and it's getting better/easier all the time.

Last night, I decided to try making a batch of barbecue sauce up to get Ryli and Landry to help me finish up the remnants of Tuesdays Dr. Pepper Spicy Shredded Pork. I went to the kitchen under the assumption that I had the kids properly occupied, but Landry was right on my tail. So I took out all the ingredients and measured them and dumped them into the bowl, and Landry whisked them all together. I decided to heat up the sauce to kill time while we waited for the shredded pork to heat up and the french fries to bake. Landry stood on his chair and continued to neatly whisk the sauce. I melted a slice of cheddar onto the English muffins that were serving as buns, broke out the rest of the baby spinach for little salads, and loaded the makeshift buns with shredded pork and barbecue sauce. They both loved it, and now, I have another recipe the next time that pork butt goes on sale like that again.

Today, I think we'll lay low for the most part. Eventually, we'll take a walk up to the store so I can make Irish Soda Bread on St. Patrick's Day. I misjudged what we had on hand when I made the grocery list Monday. I've got some laundry to put away and a few other things that I need to get done upstairs. No playground yet, it will take a few days of Texas sun to dry that mess up. 


No comments:

Post a Comment