Wednesday, March 11, 2015

I loathe DST

It may only be 2:00 on Tuesday afternoon, but I feel like it is midnight or so. I had the bright idea of getting the kids used to going to bed by how dark it was outside. The sun started to go down, and the bedtime routine would commence. After awhile, I had them to sleep by about 8:00. That left me plenty of time to watch one or two shows uninterrupted and clean up. Heck, I'd even get to watch the news if I so desired. Six o'clock in the morning came, but it was a lot easier to take.

Now, I'm faced with the struggle of them not wanting to start getting ready before it's dark enough. They have this thing that they can NOT get ready for bed before the sun does. It was 10:00 before I got them down last night, as opposed to 11:30 the night before. Tonight, we have a resident meeting, and they both got up earlier than they had been, so tonight I'm shooting for 9:00. 

I just can't wait for things to go back to "normal". I hate it went I feel the need to nap during the day. I did take a nap today with Ryli and Landry. Only I just said mommy wanted to cuddle. They wouldn't have laid down had I used that nasty three letter word. Then, we all got up, ate, and went to a housing meeting I just found out about today. I'm watching Chicago Fire, cleaning the kitchen during commercials, and then I'm going to go to bed and take them with me.

*****************************************************************

Well, I did exactly what I intended to last night, I just forgot to post. On the bright side, the kids finally went down surprisingly easy, and I actually woke up when my first alarm went off. Yeah for progress, because I'm not feeling a nap coming on.

No comments:

Post a Comment