Sunday, March 15, 2015

Ipsy and Birchbox

Saturday was an EPIC day to hit the mailbox. I had all  my sales ads for grocery stores and my two beauty subscription boxes that I get each month. Ryli knows that when she sees the telltale packages in the mailbox, there is a very chance that she will get made-up before the day is done. Ipsy and Birchbox, making Saturdays for Ryli a blast once a month since September 2014.

I've been subscribing to Ipsy since September of last year. Ten bucks a month for five samples, and sometimes full sized product, or beauty tools. I have a bunch of totally adorable make-up bags to boot. Ryli often times hijacks them for her Littlest Pet Shop toys and accessories, except for the blue and white bag with the orange zipper and pull. Landry claimed that as his.

I got: Mesmerizing Mineral Eye Duo in Apricot Glow (Pixi by Petra). I don't mind the eyeshadow, however all the eyeshadow that I've gotten from Ipsy has sadly been neutral as Switzerland.The NYX Cosmetics Butter Lipstick in Explosif is nice, but almost the exact shade as a NYX Cosmetics lipstick that I'd gotten a few months back. I'll give the Acure day cream a try next time, but it has its work cut out for it to beat the Mitchell and Peach Fine Radiance Face Oil I got last month. That stuff is awesome and smells so damn good! Ipsy once again sent yet another highlighting product that I just don't use in the form of Ivory Lace Highlighter by Chella. Lastly, something I am excited to try, skyn ICELAND's Hydro-Cool Firming Eye Gels. I received their Mini Glacial Cleansing Cloths back in  October. The bag this month is adorable, and I do foresee fighting with Ryli for it.

Here is the Ipsy bag and contents:




Birchbox is also $10 a month, for 5-6 trial size items, with full size thrown in at times. I've been getting it since January and thus far absolutely love it. This months offerings were great. First off, there's a 2 ounce bottle of Oscar Blandi Hair Lift Thickening & Strengthening Mousse.Ryli has the long hair, so once again, she gets to get all pretty. Who knows, we may be able to get her curls to behave for a bit. A little 2 ml bottle of Supergoop! Advanced Anti-Aging Eye Cream. My peepers like the sound of that. I also got a Mirenesse Glossy Kiss in Angel Kiss, which I can't wait to try, along with a Cargo Swimmables Water-Resistant blush in Los Cabos, which is a soft tangerine shade. Lastly, I got Number 4 Clarifying Shampoo and a Reconstructing Masque. 

Here they are, in all their glory:


Don't get me wrong, I do love them both. I just totally re-did my survey for Ipsy, so hopefully, next month will be better than this month's. You can earn points on both Birchbox and Ipsy, however I find that they accumulate much faster on Birchbox. Where Ipsy has several offerings a month that you can spend your points on, Birchbox lets you use them to pay for a month's box, or use in their shop to buy a full-size product. And they have a lot to offer as far as choices. Birchbox also offers add ons. 

I will update this post in all likelihood when I have tried everything. Or used the hair product on Ryli. 


No comments:

Post a Comment