Monday, March 2, 2015

Here we go again with Fly Lady

Due in part to a couple of awesome ladies I know, a mass purge was done of the townhouse a few weeks back. X didn't really like to throw much of anything away, even broken toys of the kids and outgrown clothes. I had clothes in my closet that I hadn't worn since before Ryli was born, and shoes that I can't/won't wear. It's all done now, and that leaves me with the upkeep.

The first time I ever heard of Fly Lady, it sounded good, but I always got side-tracked, or I'd plan to start it and I'd forget. A thousand and one excuses, and as many failures. My biggest excuse is no longer in the picture, though, so here we go again.

I'm going out to do my errand running later today. I'm going to buy a brand new three-ring binder to stow my Home Control Journal. I also have to get all the cleaning supplies I'm short on and paper goods and all that other fun stuff. And groceries, too, because these kids of mine can eat.

I've already started my Control Journal. I have pens that are perfect for the task. They write very well, and they erase. I'm talking just as good as pencil and eraser. I tend to be a little bit of a perfectionist, as well as a hoarder connoisseur  of pens. Pilot FriXon... I love them. I now have two packs of them, and I'm starting to whittle down my collection. Despite my love of allthings tech, I still keep a pen and paper planner, and these are wonderful. Everything is color coded, and there are no scribbles in the planner (unless Landry somehow got ahold ofit). I digress, let me get back to the topic at hand. 

I have my handy dandy Cozi app on my phone and my tablet, which will show the correct Fly Lady zone as well as my "mission" every day, so I don't need to hop on the computer to have a clue as to just what I need to do. I'll get the kids in on it, too. I am not the only one who lives here, and I'm tired of being the only one to clean. That will probably be fodder for many a post. Ryli has a penchant for the dramatic, and her explanations for why she can't do things will surely be epic. Landry will be a stubborn little mule, but where do you think he got all that stubborn from? They even have Fly Baby things that are geared towards children. 

I am excited about restarting the whole thing. No more living in CHAOS (can't have anyone over syndrome), and the kids are happier as well. Here's to bigger, better things! And we'll start it all off with Zone 1: Front Porch, Entrance & Dining Room. In our case, it's more like the designated dining area, but it works for us!



No comments:

Post a Comment