Sunday, June 7, 2015

Getting back into the swing of things...

Day two of normal visitation is well underway. The kids missed seeing everyone, and I'd be a liar if I said I didn't enjoy having a bit of time all alone. I started a few projects before I knew that Pepaw was hospitalized that just could not be completed with them underfoot. Yes, I am purging the broken and mangled toys that they can't bear to live without if they happen to see them. 

I ordered some things from Amazon that have already proved useful beyond words. An over the door shoe rack for all the cleaning supplies and things that I need to keep them out of. That is already a stunning success to the point where I'm thinking I need another for the pantry, and another for the bathroom to free up space on the vanity. I also grabbed two tension rods for the closet under the stairs to aid in my constant battle with the laundry monster. Someday, maybe I'll tame it. Most likely when the kids can do their own, but oh well.

I was going to have to go to the final hearing regarding the kids tomorrow, but now that is up in the air. X is saying that he wants a continuance because of Pepaw's death (his step-dad). Supposedly, the judge will grant it. I think it's almost comical. Here he is complaining about how all of this is so unfair to him, and that he doesn't see the kids more and all this "Poor me" garbage, yet he is the one asking to push it back yet again? Makes absolutely no sense to me, but I will just go with the flow. 

It is nearing the appointed time to get busy and finish all my projects before the kids come home. Five hours should be more than enough. I will get back on track here starting tomorrow. 






No comments:

Post a Comment