Thursday, September 24, 2015

Remember me??

So, in the grand scheme of things, this blog isn't that old, but I have been nothing short of craptastic in my consistency.  I just derailed around Landry's birthday, and things got a bit more chaotic before they started to get better.

Honestly, June and July were nuts. Trips to the pool, hanging out with the neighbors,  the final court date regarding custody and all of that, summer day camps, Ms. Cole taking each of the two little ones to Six Flags on a day of the week at the other was at day camp. Ryli was the little psycho on her trip to Six Flags. Totally well behaved, but she rode on Dive Bomber Alley. Look it up on Google. What sane 5 year old wold do that once, and then proclaim that she'd do it again? Ryli and Ms. Cole also told the same story... Ms. Cole screamed her lungs out; Ryli did not. I may have an adrenaline junkie on my hands.

ITP is still lurking about, regrettably. Landry still gets occasional outbreaks of petechiae, but fortunately has kept his numbers up high enough that we don't go back (knock on wood) until late October. He may actually get his regularly scheduled 4 year shots... Imagine that.

Towards the end of July, I started seeing someone. The first weekend in August brought my three big ones down. Dacey and her boyfriend Jesse cooked for us before they left, leaving behind Connor and Tucker for the weekend. Ryli and Landry had visitation with their dad that weekend, so it was nice to have some time with just the bigs and then with everybody. Connor, Tucker, Ms. Cole and I went to North Park to shop, fix an iPad, eat and see Inside Out Sunday was more shopping at Fire Wheel (Connor bought A Song of Ice and Fire boxed set... YEAH) and we just roamed the place.

Connor and Tucker took Amtrak to my mom's on Monday. A few short weeks after that, my aunt and I had a couple talks, and Connor flew down here to live with us on August 22nd. School was supposed to start on the 24th for everyone, but due to Connor's old school operating on a trimester schedule and everything around operating on semesters, transferring became a big, fat hassle. He lost a LOT of credits in the transfer, making him a junior yet again if he went to a traditional school. So, Connor is in a charter. If he works hard enough, he will still be class of 2016.

Connor and I have done a ton of work around the house while Ryli and Landry have been with their dad. Landry has also made Connor into his own jungle gym. For a 17 year old, he handles it pretty well. We are still grappling with getting the morning routine down, but it is getting better.

Ryli is in Girl Scouts. Between that and all the various appointments and whatnot, we are BUSY! Landry has speech therapy, there's the stuff for everyone's mental health, physical health, the things that keep me sane, school, scouts, and the fundraisers have started. To put the icing on the cake, my knee isn't getting better with the weight I've lost. I went to the emergency room at Presbyterian  Tuesday night because I couldn't bear weight and was diagnosed with effusion and referred to an orthopedic doctor. Good news, it isn't arthritis. Bad news, it's probably something strained, sprained, torn, or blown, and I may end up having surgery. Woohoo to that noise.

Oh, and last week, I left the thirty-something crowd and turned 40. I have not quite wrapped my mind around that one. Fortunately, I have had no issue remembering my age on paperwork. Since Connor has arrived, there has been an over abundance of paperwork in my life. It's all worth it to have him here.

I am once again going to attempt to resurrect this blog of mine and post to it regularly. I am feeling much more capable of it now that the meds are back and I've got the house almost completely under control (thanks to Connor and the obscene amount of printables that I am now using on a regular basis). Admittedly, it may be spotty up until the first, but then I will be back daily, or at least damn close!